In December 2020, the Small Business Development Center launched the Small Business Makeover. Nearly, 9 months after that Launch, the SBM is celebrating the first 2 winners selected for the makeover of a lifetime.
In addition to the 2 Makeover of a Lifetime Winners, the Small Business Makeover Program, funded with CARES Act funds to support businesses hardest hit by the global pandemic, had the following impact in Yavapai County:
- Over 30 applications received from Yavapai County businesses
- 2 businesses were selected as Makeover of a Lifetime winners
- 15 businesses remained fully engaged throughout the Program
- 2 businesses are Hispanic owned
- Combined, the engaged businesses employ nearly 100 people
- SBDC Analysts provided over 100 hours of coaching and training
All participants gained access to a business plan writing tool LivePlan and to SBDC’s newly created online Business Bootcamp covering strategic business topics including marketing, business plan writing, finance, metric analysis, and employment law, among others.
The Yavapai College SBDC provides no cost, confidential consulting to businesses of all sizes. You can register for services at yc.edu/sbdc
Thank you sponsors of the Small Business Makeover Program: Small Business Administration (SBA), Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Yavapai College, LivePlan, Yavapai Broadcasting, Sherwin Williams